I created this blog to highlight my mother Caren Meek and all of her projects. She is constantly working on something whether it be knitting, crochetting, cooking or sewing. I believe it is physically impossible for her to sit on the couch and watch t.v. without working on a project. She is an amazing woman with many talents.

Friday, July 23, 2010

something old, something new


This quilt is one that mom started 20 odd years ago when SammySister and I were young. She set out to make two of these (and start, she did) with two small girls and a ten year old boy. She finished piecing them together a few years ago and with the help of my WONDERFUL AUNT CONNIE, they were quilted up perfectly and brought back to my mother to bind so we could enjoy them.

Here is mom at the senior center in town for her quilting group. She finished tacking the binding down. She started at the group meeting for a while and then after arriving home, she worked on it all hours of the night and into the morning. Bless her heart. There was no particular rush, but i think she wanted this project to finally be over.
It is beautiful. Thanks to all the hands that touched this so that it could be part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment