I created this blog to highlight my mother Caren Meek and all of her projects. She is constantly working on something whether it be knitting, crochetting, cooking or sewing. I believe it is physically impossible for her to sit on the couch and watch t.v. without working on a project. She is an amazing woman with many talents.

Monday, January 4, 2010

win win

D.H. Lawrence wrote

I find a huge amount of reassurance in the hand-made and the homemade, in the rejection of perfection, and I take great comfort in the fact that there are still many domestic artists for whom the "actual doing of things is in itself a joy"


my mother is one of those artists (especially when knitting) that believes that the actual doing of the thing is in itself a joy. it calms her to knit all the time and she gets great products from her time spent relaxing. win win.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, no kidding! This time I was the winner because I wore the shawl she made me yesterday and I received so many compliments!!! Win Win!!!

    ReplyDelete